Estate A Block Chardonnay.
– 1983 Plantings on own roots.
– Row orientation N/S.
– East facing gentle slope, sheltered from western afternoon sun.
– Cane pruned.
– Alluvial grey sandy clay loam.
– Hand harvested and top loaded to press. Juice proportionally separated between barrel and tank, based on taste.
– Juice in tank left to cold settle overnight, before being ‘hard’ racked to barrel for ferment.
– Low rate inoculation and barrels stored in a temperature-controlled room for a slow, even ferment.
– Once wine finishes primary ferment, it is sulphured and topped regularly.
– Matured on lees for 11 months, before being blended and bottled.