“Our style is about fruit concentration and purity, muscle with refinement, and drive”
- Our Wines2015 Estate Cabernet SauvignonDark red with a maroon coloured hue, dense and shiny. Blackberry, blackberry and some more blackberries! Red currants and blueberry also present, with notes of cassis (black currant liqueur), dried summer leaves, and hints of coffee and smoked meat. The densely packed aromatics move through into the palate. The fruit shows fresh and crisp, and its sweetness is complemented by fine fruit tannins and oak phenolics. These sit comfortably under the fruit, pedestalling it, and carrying through the length of the palate. A dark richness is enveloping, yet remains elegant and refined. Medium bodied, this wine can be enjoyed for many years into the future.
- Our Wines2017 Estate Sauvignon BlancThis wine is bright and lively, both visually and aromatically. A very pale straw colour provides evidence of fermentation in barrel. A fermentation temperature of 18-21°C has provided a savoury undertone while the intensity and sweetness of the fruit shines. Zesty citrus lemon and lime fruits cut the cooler guava and white melon tropical fruits that fill the palate. Textured oak elements provide further layers of complexity. This wine while drinking well in its youth will provide further enjoyment in 3 to 5 years.
- Our Wines2015 Estate ShirazA deep and densely presenting wine. Dark red to maroon, with purple and magenta coloured hue. Rich black currant and blueberry fruits are defined in the aromatics. Lifted characters of dried oregano and tarragon intermingle, while undertones of dark plum and oak spices are brooding. Flowing onto the palate, the aromatics are all present in flavour and are tightly packed. The fruit sweetness is balanced, and reigned in somewhat, by a refined tannin structure producing an elegance and great persistence. Dark chocolate and toasted oak notes find their way through in the finish. A Shiraz of this standing will benefit cellaring for 10+ years, while still being enjoyable and rewarding in its youth.
- Our Wines2014 Estate SangioveseDusty reds and flecks of purple illuminate from this savoury Sangiovese.Lifted aromatics of red cherry, dried date and poached plum sit above dense hints of tar and leather. The mouth feel is appealing as the aromatics find their way along and slide into the back palate. A firmness of dusty tannins holds the flavours fixed for a length of time before butterscotch and fruit sweetness re-emerges and flow.
- Our Wines2017 Estate Pinot NoirA wine showing great vibrancy in its magenta colour and purple hue. A fine example of Pinot Noir showing perfume of cherry stone, raspberry, kirsch and allspice notes. The oak brings savoury elements and toasted aromas, while the whole bunches used in the winemaking give a smokey peat character. The palate displays the fine and silky textural elements of a great Pinot Noir. Ripe cherry and raspberry fruits, campori spice and purple plum are supported by silky tanin structure. Peat and toast elements hance the fruit sweetness and create a seamless long and layered palate. This fine and velvety Pinot Noir will benefit cellaring for 8+ years, yet being rewarding in its youth.
- Our Wines2016 Estate ChardonnayPale yellow to straw with vibrant green highlights Lifted aromatics of lemon curd, early harvested green pineapple, honey dew melon and nectarine provide and instant attraction. Moving through the palate these fruit aromatics provide a freshness to the layers of honeyed almonds and roasted hazelnuts. Finishing with a velvety creamy texture and Golden Delicious apple notes, the wine lingers with a clean acidity.
- Our Wines2012 Estate Methode Traditionnelle SparklingEach vineyard block component of this fine sparkling was harvested at its optimum fruit and acid balance suited to the style. A palette of Crunchy Apple, Citrus, Oyster shell, finished with a creamy elegance and a fine Mousse.
- Our Wines2013 Rosso di Colbo SangioveseBrick red and opaque in the glass. Aromas of typical Sangiovese, the wine offers cherry stone, dark plum, cola, capers and spice. Moving onto the palate the cherry and cola are dominant while caramel and toasted oak begin to emerge. Darker fruits also lift and the wine is underpinned by a fine tannin structure. The tannins have a large presence and sit comfortably with the sweet fruit causing mouthwatering want. The wine has a lovely balance with great length and finesse. James Halliday 2015/16 Wine Companion: 95 points: "This is a more complete Sangiovese than most others, with texture running alongside structure, the fruit spectrum as much black cherry as red. Drink now or much later"
- Our Wines2013 Greenstone Sangiovese" This is serious stuff: layer upon layer of black cherry and bitter chocolate; it has a savoury profundity that takes you to the greatest names in Tuscany" James Halliday 2016 Wine Companion - 97 points Style: Architectural, the flow of the wine is superb. Fine & Savoury. Colour: Light clear colour Nose: Dark plum, fig, tea leaf Palate: Red cherry, tobacco, Suggestions of dried flowers and a hint of aniseed. Burnt toffee and silky dark chocolate. A savoury finish of Italian dried herbs. Fine tannin, elegant. Cellar: 2033
- Our Wines2012 Greenstone ShirazStyle: Medium. Excellent depth and resolve: complex & compact all at once. Colour: Opaque black dark crimson with deep dark crimson red hue. Nose: The nose displays refined ripe dark plum and dark cherry top notes followed by some liquorice, leather, subtle vanillin cedar and a light meatiness. Pepper and Graphite-like edge Palate: Medium bodied the palate has dark plummy flavours alongside a lick of liquorice, cedary vanilla and spice. Elegant soft mouthfeel with very fine grained chocolatey and velvet like tannins. Aftertaste of dark plum, subtle liquorice, cedar and spice, and a glimmering slate-like spark on the finish. James Halliday 2015 Wine Companion - 96 points : excellent colour; precisely crafted Shiraz, this is one cool dude.
- Our Wines2010 Greenstone ‘Copper Block’ ShirazAn outstanding wine that effortlessly achieves power and intensity and reflects the greatest expression of the variety from our Heathcote site. This wine presents a very textural palate of ripe dark currants and plums, charcuterie and dark chocolate that flows seamlessly across the tongue, and has an exquisitely perfumed bouquet of savoury dark fruits and multi-spices. Layers of totally integrated, fine grained tannins give great length and a persistence. A balanced wine that will reward with a long life. James Halliday Wine Companion 2015 - 96 points
ONLY 1 HOUR FROM MELBOURNE
Tucked just behind the township of Yarra Glen, and set in a private location only 1 hour from Melbourne’s CBD, the Greenstone Cellar Door and winery offers one of the most spectacular views of the Yarra Valley.
PREMIUM WINES, TWO VINEYARDS
“There is always an idea of a direction or style, but ultimately the fruit is the foundation and has the greatest influence of the developmental direction.”
– senior winemaker Travis Bush