“Our style is about fruit concentration and purity, muscle with refinement, and drive”
- Our Wines2018 Estate Sauvignon BlancBright straw yellow in colour showing pretty aromatics of apple blossom, gooseberry, passionfruit & understated oak supported by creamy beeswax. The palate promises superb freshness & minerality featuring fresh lemon, lime & citrus flavours running its length coupled with a subtle passionfruit curd creaminess that complements its underlying softness.
- Our Wines2016 Estate ShirazA deep and densely presenting wine. Dark red to maroon, with purple and magenta coloured hue. Rich black currant and blueberry fruits are defined in the aromatics. Lifted characters of dried oregano and tarragon intermingle, while undertones of dark plum and oak spices are brooding. Flowing onto the palate, the aromatics are all present in flavour and are tightly packed. The fruit sweetness is balanced, and reigned in somewhat, by a refined tannin structure producing an elegance and great persistence. Dark chocolate and toasted oak notes find their way through in the finish. A Shiraz of this standing will benefit cellaring for 10+ years, while still being enjoyable and rewarding in its youth.
- Our Wines2016 Estate SangioveseDusty reds and flecks of purple are evident in this savoury wine. Lifted aromatics of red cherry, cola and raspberry sit above a fresh acid structure. The mouthfeel is appealing as the sweetness of the fruits work in with the dill and olive. The firmness of the dusty tannins grip and carry the fruits before butterscotch and fruit sweetness re-emerge through the finish.
- Our Wines2018 Estate Pinot NoirVibrant ruby red with a purple hue. Perfumed dark and red cherries, integrated charry oak helps to lift the fruit, with hints of pomegranate and orange zest, interwoven with a faint layer of dried herbs and spices. The palate has layers of dark fruit, Japanese plum, red and black cherries, with a crunchy fresh minerality throughout. Oak plays a background, supportive role without ever being in the fore. The finish of the wine is soft silky, with ultra-fine chalky tannins.
- Our Wines2017 Estate ChardonnayBrilliant straw yellow with vibrant green highlights. Aromatics of pretty spring florals, are followed by peach, nectarine and flinty oak. As the wine opens up, hints of oyster shell, citrus and hazelnut follow. On the palate the wine has a delicate ‘lightness’ to it, but at the same time soft, creamy and generous mouthfeel. Pear, apple and peach are supported by balanced well integrated oak.The wine finishes long with fresh grapefruit, lemon and a spritz of minerality.
- Our Wines2011 Estate Methode Traditionnelle SparklingEach vineyard block component of this fine sparkling was harvested at its optimum fruit and acid balance suited to the style. A palette of Crunchy Apple, Citrus, Oyster shell, finished with a creamy elegance and a fine Mousse.
- Our Wines2013 Greenstone Sangiovese" This is serious stuff: layer upon layer of black cherry and bitter chocolate; it has a savoury profundity that takes you to the greatest names in Tuscany" James Halliday 2016 Wine Companion - 97 points Style: Architectural, the flow of the wine is superb. Fine & Savoury. Colour: Light clear colour Nose: Dark plum, fig, tea leaf Palate: Red cherry, tobacco, Suggestions of dried flowers and a hint of aniseed. Burnt toffee and silky dark chocolate. A savoury finish of Italian dried herbs. Fine tannin, elegant. Cellar: 2033
- Our Wines2012 Greenstone ShirazStyle: Medium. Excellent depth and resolve: complex & compact all at once. Colour: Opaque black dark crimson with deep dark crimson red hue. Nose: The nose displays refined ripe dark plum and dark cherry top notes followed by some liquorice, leather, subtle vanillin cedar and a light meatiness. Pepper and Graphite-like edge Palate: Medium bodied the palate has dark plummy flavours alongside a lick of liquorice, cedary vanilla and spice. Elegant soft mouthfeel with very fine grained chocolatey and velvet like tannins. Aftertaste of dark plum, subtle liquorice, cedar and spice, and a glimmering slate-like spark on the finish. James Halliday 2015 Wine Companion - 96 points : excellent colour; precisely crafted Shiraz, this is one cool dude.
- Our Wines2010 Greenstone ‘Copper Block’ ShirazAn outstanding wine that effortlessly achieves power and intensity and reflects the greatest expression of the variety from our Heathcote site. This wine presents a very textural palate of ripe dark currants and plums, charcuterie and dark chocolate that flows seamlessly across the tongue, and has an exquisitely perfumed bouquet of savoury dark fruits and multi-spices. Layers of totally integrated, fine grained tannins give great length and a persistence. A balanced wine that will reward with a long life. James Halliday Wine Companion 2015 - 96 points
ONLY 1 HOUR FROM MELBOURNE
Tucked just behind the township of Yarra Glen, and set in a private location only 1 hour from Melbourne’s CBD, the Greenstone Cellar Door and winery offers one of the most spectacular views of the Yarra Valley.
PREMIUM WINES, TWO VINEYARDS
“There is always an idea of a direction or style, but ultimately the fruit is the foundation and has the greatest influence of the developmental direction.”
– senior winemaker Travis Bush