“ OUR PHILOSOPHY STARTS WITH IDENTIFICATION OF THE BEST LOCATIONS TO GROW THE BEST GRAPES – REGARDLESS OF WINE VARIETY ”
Creating outstanding wines that are a true reflection of the unique characteristics of their regional site requires outstanding grapes and the best in winemaking techniques.
- Our Wines2016 Estate Sauvignon BlancThis wine is bright and lively, both visually and aromatically. A very pale straw colour provides evidence of fermentation in barrel. A warm fermentation temperature has provided a savoury undertone while the intensity and sweetness of the fruit shines. Zesty citrus lemon and lime fruits cut the cooler guava and green melon tropical fruits that fill the palate. Custard and chewy textural wood elements provide further layers of complexity. This wine while drinking well in its youth will provide further enjoyment in 3 or 4 years.
- Our Wines2014 Estate SangioveseDusty reds and flecks of purple illuminate from this savoury Sangiovese. Lifted aromatics of red cherry, dried date and poached plum sit above dense hints of tar and leather. The mouthfeel is appealing as the aromatics find their way along and slide into the back palate. A firmness of dusty tannins holds the flavours fixed for a length of time before butterscotch and fruit sweetness re-emerges and flow.
- Our Wines2015 Estate Pinot NoirVibrant in its youth, with deep maroon and purples shining through. A fine example of Pinot Noir showing black cherry, earthy truffle and all-spice. The ripeness of this Pinot shows a slightly herbal edge while having a lovely sweetness of ripe cherry and plums. A velvety tannin structure holds a firmness through the length of the wine. Only notes of spice and coffee indicate the presence of well integrated oak.
- Our Wines2015 Estate ChardonnayClear and pristine yellow straw with green highlights in the glass. A balance of crunchy fresh fruits and riper tropical fruits lift with notes of struck match, toast and baked pastries. Flavours of grapefruit, nectarine and cashew are rich and full through the palate. Lees contact has provided a creamy element through the wine. The natural fruit and winemaking influences show as a restrained and balanced example of Yarra Valley Chardonnay.
- Our Wines2012 Estate Methode Traditionnelle SparklingEach vineyard block component of this fine sparkling was harvested at its optimum fruit and acid balance suited to the style. A palette of Crunchy Apple, Citrus, Oyster shell, finished with a creamy elegance and a fine Mousse.
- Our Wines2013 Rosso di Colbo SangioveseStyle: Juicy, medium bodied with a salivating acidity Colour: Light clear colour Nose: Enticing aromas of marachino cherry, plum and nuances of dried herb. Palate: Dark plum & red cherry. Dried herbs and spice. Savoury and textural. Fine integrated tannins and fresh acidity. Pair with: Cavalo Nero and Bean Soup
- Our Wines2013 Greenstone SangioveseStyle: Architectural, the flow of the wine is superb. Fine & Savoury. Colour: Light clear colour Nose: Rain on bitumen. Dark plum, fig, tea leaf Palate: Red cherry, tobacco, Suggestions of dried flowers and a hint of aniseed. Burnt toffee and silky dark chocolate. A savoury finish of Italian dried herbs. Fine tannin, elegant. Pair with: Char-grilled steak with a bitey mustard
- Our Wines2012 Greenstone ShirazStyle: Medium. Excellent depth and resolve: complex & compact all at once. Colour: Opaque black dark crimson with deep dark crimson red hue. Nose: The nose displays refined ripe dark plum and dark cherry top notes followed by some liquorice, leather, subtle vanillin cedar and a light meatiness. Pepper and Graphite-like edge Palate: Medium bodied the palate has dark plummy flavours alongside a lick of liquorice, cedary vanilla and spice. Elegant soft mouthfeel with very fine grained chocolatey and velvet like tannins. Aftertaste of dark plum, subtle liquorice, cedar and spice, and a glimmering slate-like spark on the finish. Pair with: Lamb back strap seared with plum jus
- Our Wines2010 Greenstone ‘Copper Block’ ShirazStyle: Mighty, however its balance and totally integrated tannins will give a long life. Effortless power and intensity. Colour: TBC Nose: Alluring aromas of savoury dark fruits, bramble, sandalwood and graphite Palate: Ripe dark currants & plums, charcuterie, dark chocolate, bell pepper, Coffee grounds, truffle. Fine silky tannins. Pair with: Beef bourguignon
ONLY 1 HOUR FROM MELBOURNE
Tucked just behind the township of Yarra Glen, and set in a private location only 1 hour from Melbourne’s CBD, the Greenstone Cellar Door and winery offers one of the most spectacular views of the Yarra Valley.
PREMIUM WINES, SUPERIOR QUALITY
Our focus on producing only the finest wines from the finest grapes means that Greenstone only creates boutique quantities of wine. We’re not interested in making higher volume commercial ranges, rather small volume, handcrafted and premium wines.