“Our style is about fruit concentration and purity, muscle with refinement, and drive”
- Our Wines2018 Estate Sauvignon BlancBright straw yellow in colour showing pretty aromatics of apple blossom, gooseberry, passionfruit & understated oak supported by creamy beeswax. The palate promises superb freshness & minerality featuring fresh lemon, lime & citrus flavours running its length coupled with a subtle passionfruit curd creaminess that complements its underlying softness.
- Our Wines2017 Estate ShirazDeep, almost black core with purple edges offers up floral, black plum, violets, blue fruits, hints of vanilla pod & spice on the nose. The palate rides soft & silky right through, offering an abundance of blue fruits, plum, vanilla & white pepper spice. Plum & cherry skins persist with hints of freshly grated nutmeg, milk chocolate & pepper on the finish. There’s a lot going on in this Shiraz, we recommend decanting to see its full potential.
- Our Wines2016 Estate SangioveseDusty reds and flecks of purple are evident in this savoury wine. Lifted aromatics of red cherry, cola and raspberry sit above a fresh acid structure. The mouthfeel is appealing as the sweetness of the fruits work in with the dill and olive. The firmness of the dusty tannins grip and carry the fruits before butterscotch and fruit sweetness re-emerge through the finish.
- Our Wines2018 Estate Pinot NoirVibrant ruby red with a purple hue. Perfumed dark and red cherries, integrated charry oak helps to lift the fruit, with hints of pomegranate and orange zest, interwoven with a faint layer of dried herbs and spices. The palate has layers of dark fruit, Japanese plum, red and black cherries, with a crunchy fresh minerality throughout. Oak plays a background, supportive role without ever being in the fore. The finish of the wine is soft silky, with ultra-fine chalky tannins.
- Our Wines2018 Estate ChardonnayA beautiful pale golden yellow with greenish highlights. Aromas of nectarine, peach & grapefruit abound with hints of roasted peanuts & some subtle funk. A soft entry leads to a delicate palate of peach upfront, hints of apple, pear and unsalted pistachios throughout supported by balanced & well integrated oak with a mouth watering mineral finish.
- Our Wines2011 Estate Methode Traditionnelle SparklingEach vineyard block component of this fine sparkling was harvested at its optimum fruit and acid balance suited to the style. A palette of Crunchy Apple, Citrus, Oyster shell, finished with a creamy elegance and a fine Mousse.
- Our Wines2015 Greenstone ‘Copper Block’ ShirazRich & deep in colour this wine exudes aromatics of blood plums, blueberries & dark cherries supported by toasty mocha (from quality oak) and moreish hints of truffle. The nose promises what the palate yields, parading elegant, felt-like, fruit-driven tannins. A sublime combination of grace, subtle power & persistence!
ONLY 1 HOUR FROM MELBOURNE
Tucked just behind the township of Yarra Glen, and set in a private location only 1 hour from Melbourne’s CBD, the Greenstone Cellar Door and winery offers one of the most spectacular views of the Yarra Valley.
Yes, we are reopening! Starting June 4, 2020, Greenstone cellar door is open for tasting for small groups, wine by the glass/bottle with a meal and for take away wines. Booking is advised to secure a table and a time slot.
Our operating hours are Thursday thru to Monday, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Upon arriving at the cellar door we will be requesting contact details to put in our visitor’s log book and we will provide hand sanitizers at entry and exit points.
Also, our winery was featured in VinJournalen.se. A popular Swedish wine magazine. We are ecstatic to announce that our winery was listed as one of the must-see wineries in the Yarra Valley. This magazine is one of the best to be informed on original food and wine pairing, popular wines in the Swedish market and the world’s grape varieties on a weekly basis. So, check them out to see what’s written about Greenstone Vineyards, other wineries that are featured in VinJournalen.se and what food to have with the wines you currently have in your cellar.
PREMIUM WINES, TWO VINEYARDS
“There is always an idea of a direction or style, but ultimately the fruit is the foundation and has the greatest influence of the developmental direction.”
– senior winemaker